1.17.2005

And she shall be called...

The entire reason for my (current) nickname* is upon us. I give you...Events Season.

Please excuse me if I seem a little cracked out over the next few months. It's completely natural, I assure you. See, I'm one of those people that thrive on having many, many things to do all at once. If there are only one or two things to accomplish in a day, it's rather boring. Ok, it's miserable. Being that we have 3 1/2 major events to plan, organize and execute in the next 5 months, my inner crack monkey is raring to go.

It serves two purposes:

1.) Keeps the job from being dull. This is the longest I have ever worked for one specific company, due to the fact that the others got droll so quickly. Nothing is ever the same at XYZBusiness, and boy-oh-boy, it's ever so much fun.

2.) It makes the days go by faster. Winter and spring speed right by, and before I know it, summer's here and we can start planning for next year. Because I'm not a crack monkey all the time, I do love the fact my favorite season coincides with the time to take things at a slower pace for a while. And then with fall comes the rev up for the next Events Season...and my inner crack monkey is happy again.

It's not a magical banana gumdrop land - there are the bad days as well. And the days that I still feel restless and want to start afresh somewhere else. But it soothes the savage monkey that ooh-eeh-aahs to the surface in the winter months.


Darn it...I really need a banana now. (Euphemism not intended.) Stupid imaginary banana gumdrops.

*Previous nicknames have included: babycakes, squirrel-baby-kid, punkin' and Funky Diva of Soul on Rye Hold the Mayo (don't ask).