1.18.2005

Calgon needed

I take it back. I take it all back. For some reason, the crack monkey is rebelling and refuses to come out and play today...she just wants to sit in her tree and throw coconuts at the I.Q. deficient lumberjacks. (Bananas are too precious.)

Tuesdays are deadline days here at XYZBusiness, and today can just whisk itself on by, thank you very much. Between font problems, placement problems, email blast 911's, middle-manning, and general googly-eyedness, I'll never leave at a decent hour.

Even if I do get to leave, I'm a bit carless due to the fact my poor widdle ride is currently having it's guts checked. How in the heck does a heavy plastic bag (i.e. - camping tarp thick) get wedged IN the engine compartment, conveniently burning and melting right next to the passenger air intake? The fumes have been just lovely, that sublime mix of dizziness and nauseousness every bulimic model tries to achieve.

At least they caught a potentially major problem, though. Seems the engine valves were leaking oil and the spark plug tubes were shot to high heaven. Which probably explains the odd wetness I saw down in the deep recesses two days ago* and the jumpiness of the RPMs. But I ain't no certified mechanic.

Please. Send beer quickly. Or young Adonises willing to feed grapes. Either will help.

*Yes, that sounded gross. At least I'm talking about a car, though.