3.14.2005

More than 1000 words

I admit it. I've been in a funk. Been grouchy. Been difficult. Been snarky and snappish. Been taking spoken words the wrong way. Been taking physical actions worse. No amount of crap that has been going on is a good excuse, and if you've been one of the unfortunate souls to cross my path while I've been "in a mood" I sincerely apologize. And thank you for being gentle.

Things are looking up, though. Work has dwindled to a mere trickle for now, the finances are finally getting back up to speed, the car has stopped breaking down on me every other week (knock on wood), family stuff is getting better(ish) and I'm about to embark on the best company trip ever this weekend. Plus, my brain has stopped being my worst enemy. Without going into much detail, certain situations have been producing a bit of panic and a mess of uncertain thoughts to roil around in my head. No fun, and I'm definitely happy that they are on the outs.

The relaxation/good vibes began to settle in yesterday afternoon. A touch of lingering bad ju-ju reared its head this morning, but that was before I saw the pictures. Or, I should say, *the* picture. It was striking. It made me gasp. And now I know.

I finally know that it's ok to take things as they come. I know that it's ok to be happy and have uncertainty at the same time. And I know what it looks like to see true happiness in a moment again.

Bless that photographer for capturing the look which showed everything that was begging to be set free.