10.13.2006

I Love You. Don't Hate Me.

Yeah, yeah. So life is pulling me away from teh interwebs. That's good, right? None of you want to hear grousing about traveling and spreadsheets and luxuoriously uncomfortable beds, right?

Oh. You do?

Well.

- May I suggest the "coleslaw" at the Raddison in downtown Phoenix? Hint: the cabbage is replaced by jicama and carrots, while the mayo is replaced with a jalepeno vinagrette. Delish and refreshing.

- May I *not* suggest the beds at the Biltmore? Very cloud-like and fluffy, they do no good for your lower back after 2 days. Ask for the particle board insert*. (*may not be an actual feature the hotel offers.)

- Hanging off the side of a cable car in "The City" (also known to inhabitants as San Francisco). A must do, if only for dodging the cars a mere 12 inches from your elbow on California Street.

- Front Room mini pizzas in "The City". *drools for tomato, basil and gooey mozzarella*

- Forget the Ramada Inn. Never, never stay here, especially the one on 7th and Folsom in "TC". I talked in my sleep about the conditions to the S.O. 'Nuff said.

- Anchor Steam bar in the SFO airport. Thanks for nursing my vodka craving when the flight was delayed. (And thanks to the Dallas Cowboys for handing that game over to Philly. You made my evening.)

- Thanks to Columbus. Yeah, I said it. Otherwise, the S.O. and wouldn't have caught the fantasic "Hey-we-found-the-new-world-and-created-hundrends-of-years-of-broken-treaties" parade in "TC" while munching on proscuitto and arugula nosh. The highlight of the San Francisco trip, seriously.

- Lastly, expense reports are a beautiful thing. Especially when you Turn. Them. In.




As I say to my mother...I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. Things have been hectic. Still *wuv yoo* and have some great stories to share.


Soon, grasshopper. Soon.