3.17.2005

Sponge Powers Activate!

Somedays, I can't believe how damn wonderful life is.

Saw a band last night that had a tuba player (who was excellent, by the way). Great music, great show, attentive crowd, lots of be-bopping and toe-tapping afoot. The best part, though, was that the tuba had Christmas lights! Red ones! All over the damn thing! Absolutely mesmerizing to follow the little blobs of light to the beat of "oomph-pa, oomph-pa" with a singing violin in the background.

The headliners were wonderful as well. The lead singer has the huskiness of Bruce Springsteen and the vocal strength of Rod Stewart while looking like a Scottish rogue. (Not to mention his talent runs circles around those other two any day.) Another reason that CD is staying in my player for a long, long time.

And today, after waking up the best way possible, I'm headed down to Austin for SXSW for four straight days of fun (and work), which is fully reimbursable by the company. I'm in music overload right now...there are so many great bands to see that I'm all in a tizzy, much like a child's first time at an amusement park.

So please excuse me if I don't post for a few days. Life is beckoning fiercely and I'm gonna soak up every moment of it.