7.25.2005

No, the timestamp isn't wrong. Dammit.

After lying in bed for 40 minutes in the all-out effort to fall back to sleep, I've given up. So, what am I doing instead? Drinking cowboy coffee, searching online for a suitable domicile for when my current lease is over, cursing the uber-antibotics that my normally smart doctor placed me on, and writing all about it to you lovely people.

On the subject of antibiotics, am I the only one that somehow feels worse when prescribed something that's supposed to make one feel better? "You're going to feel so much better - more energy, etc.! It'll be great!" Great as in massive headaches, lethargy, and nausea? Excellent...mission accomplished, doc.

Through the !fun! side effects, though, this weekend was pretty groovy. Friday night I sweated my ass off while preparing for a gig, only to realize that they wouldn't let me back in because my name somehow didn't make it to the list. Which was fine. by. me. Went home and chilled like an ice cube in an Eskimo's freezer.

Saturday I drove Miss TreeHugger out to Ft. Worth for a hair appointment, and then we tooled around downtown F-Dub for a few hours. I *love* that part of Fort Worth - so pretty, well thought out, and so much to do. If I worked there, I'd definitely stay in one of the lofts. Funny how F-Dub beats out Dallas in the "big-city feel, vibrant, pulsing downtown" area.

Sunday started around, oh, 1am or so, when I pinged awake and got the urge to clean. Don't ask - I have no idea why it happens. Dropped back off around 3ish, woke up at 8 and finished off everything - laundry, closet organizing, kitchen, sweeping. Afterwards, caught the Rangers game with some buds. And even though Teixeira didn't play due to his designated hitter status (and thusly I didn't get to drool as much), I don't consider the game a total wash due to the fantastic save by Gonzales on the first base line. Yowza - that was good baseball. (Regrettably, the rest of the game wasn't nearly as stunning - the boys lost it 8-3.)

Ooh. Just remembered something else to research right now - Teixeira beefcake photos. Ah, there's nothing like coffee, duplexes for rent, and baseball butt early in the morning.