3.30.2005

Legalized Violation

Or as others may call it, a doctor's appointment.

It was that time again. Time to be a diligent woman and make sure the naughty bits are behaving the way they ought to. With my history of surgery whatnots, it's the one thing I force myself to do even though I loathe (LOATHE!) going to the doctor. Of course, I'm 6 months overdue and got a small lecture upon arrival. It was like visiting mom. Or grandma. Kinda.

'Tis a very weird feeling to return to work after being poked, prodded, scraped, blood drawn, and electrodes attached. I feel like a science fair project gone horribly wrong. Which is probably close to the truth.

So, the bill of health is:

Lungs: Excellent/clear (Ha! Take that, non smokers.)
Ears/nose/throat: Fine, though comment was made on allergies, which I foo-foo'd.
Back of skull: Swollen lymph node attributed to allergies. Told not to smush it. Exact "technical" words, too.
Heart/blood pressure: Picture of health
Upper female naughty bits: Excellent (but we knew that already), no lumps or oddities to report.
Stomach: Almost punched doctor in the face when he pressed (hard) right where I told him it was sore. Baring that, nothing serious, just still dealing with the repercussions of a different doctor's stupidity from 7 years ago.
Lower female naughty bits: Looks excellent, test will tell for sure but looks like all cells that could have generated into the C-word are gone. Whoo-hoo!

Sorry if that's too much information, but I am ELATED. Doctor appointments never go well for me, and this one was the first in years where no problems (knock on wood) were found. Plus, the hip mystery has been solved. And it has nothing to do with old age or, ahem, energetic nocturnal activities. So, hush your mouths, all you smart-alecs out there. With a few weeks of exercises with a rolled up pair of socks, I'll be good as new. :)