4.10.2005

Have Bocce, Will Picnic; Have Questions, Will Go on Hiatus

The first spring picnic was yesterday. Food, sun, friends and relaxation. And puppies. And cat naps on a blanket under a tree. And bocce ball.

For those not well versed in 2000 year old Italian lawn games, bocce is a mixture between bowling, horseshoes, and croquet. The smaller ball (hereby dubbed "the golden snatch" by our circle) is thrown first, and then the larger balls are tossed or rolled to see who came come the closest to the snatch. Sounds boring, but the nuances are a hoot - the good rolls, the bad rolls, knocking an opponent out of the way, the jokes that stem from it all. Great fun on a Saturday afternoon...I'm so glad the group made it out.



In other news, I think I'll be taking a blogging break for the next week or so. Every time I log in to write something, it ends up being too personal, so I log it into the real life journal instead. I can talk about sex, peanut allergies, doctor appointments and weird smells here on the Swinger no problem, but the real things that are on my mind have no place being here. I've too many adult questions and quandaries and whatnot, and that makes for a boring blog, which is not the direction I want to take this sliver of my life. Plus, there's a fantastic opportunity at work that needs total immersion and focus. ('Cause that's what I do when I get too pensive...I work. It's genetic.) So, I'll be back soon, with a better mood, a clearer head and wacky stories. Miss me. ;)