1.29.2005

Shoulda bet on the dominoes...

Poker night was fun. It was definitely a sausage party, as there were 11 males to our paltry 4 females. My girls and I handled ourselves well amidst the testosterone. Not well enough to win the poker, though, unfortunately. Looks like the vibrator is going to have to wait. (Should've bet on the dominoes, dammit.)

In other news, a steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup is going to be thrown in the face of the chick that passed along the crud to me. People, listen: If you are sick...Stay. Home. Especially if you have a temperature...Stay. Home. Going through an entire box of Kleenex in one sitting? Stay. Home! It's a novel concept, I know.

So the crud has settled into my throat. Granted, the hangover from last night's debauchery isn't helping, but I'm right on the cusp of where it could be really bad in a few hours. And while missing a few days of work sounds pretty nice, tonsils the size of golf balls and a knifestabbingly painful throat do not. Cross your fingers, clap your hands and believe in the wellness fairies, folks.