4.12.2005

Banging Head Against Wall

Ok, I know I said I was going to take a break, but I'm so damn frustrated and I'm looking for insight...(and I need to vent).

Fellas, please tell me something. Imagine this: An ex of yours whom you emotionally tortured over the course of your three year relationship tells you to fuck off and to never contact her again. Repeatedly. 5 years pass, and you contact her through her work's website and ask if you can see her again for old time's sake. She politely (but firmly) replies "no" and asks for something you still have of hers which is near and dear to her heart. You can't find it, so she tells to to forget about it and that both of you should go on your separate ways. She tells you she's glad you're doing better, but that it would be best for all parties involved if you both stayed away from each other. For good.

Pop quiz, hotshots: What do you do next?

a.) You ignore her request and email her again.
b.) You ignore her request and stop by her office.
c.) You never bother the poor girl again. After all, you made her life a living hell. The least you could do is respect her wishes.

If you answered "c", good for you. Captain Obvious doesn't have to bitch slap you in order to get a point across. Unfortunately, I've dealt with both "a" and "b" today.

I need advice. How else can I tell this guy to quit. effing. bothering. me? The reserve of vocabulary for this situation is draining quickly, and I'm afraid I might start screaming strings of profanities in both English and Italian while using broad hand gestures and turning red in the face.

Maybe ignoring him is the best bet. But really, suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Silence to recommence in 5...4...3...2...1...