6.21.2005

Stream O' Consciousness

Gosh, I really don't want to work today. Calling in would have been so nice, but dammit, I probably would've just slept the day away and been pissed off when I woke up at 8pm. Still it'd be nice to have a day or so during the week off. Oh yeah, that's called a vacation. Too bad it's going to have to wait until December. Wow, I got accosted and accused on the way to the copier. I'm tired of people making me feel like I have an eating disorder. Yes, I do not eat combo meals very often anymore. Yes, if I do, I get a water and fruit instead of soda and fries. No, I am not working out, unless having sex counts. No, I haven't cut carbs. Yes, I eat dinner. Yes, I keep it down and actually digest it. No, I don't look gross. No, it isn't drastic. Lindsay Lohan I am not. Yes, I still have a stomach pudge when I sit down. No, I don't have a tapeworm. Maybe I'm just eating better and being happy and not comforting myself with food anymore. Yes, that alone can bring on a change. Now shut up and leave me alone, because you're making me want a pint of Ben and Jerry's. Speaking of being happy, how silly is it when the only thing you can find wrong with a person is the fact that they like you? ;) I've had a few folks today comment on the 100 watt smile I've been sporting, and strangely enough, they've all said I must gotten laid last night. Right-o, but is it that transparent? Can't I just be in a good mood? Maybe skipping down the hall, singing at my desk, and bouncing around like a kangaroo on meth is tipping them off. I really need to work on my poker face. As does the Eldest Sis, but I guess it's hard to hold any sort of face mid-coitus. (Not including the O face.) The email exchange between us discussing the hanging statement (question??) was peppered with firm denials of any sort of engagement (on her part) and bemoanings of how the family will REALLY start with the pressure if she goes through with it (on my part). Isn't it amazing how your family can make you feel like a failure just because you don't have a wedding band on your finger and two or three crotch puppies? Maybe I should start a service that rents husbands, wives and kids for family gatherings. You know, single and swinging one weekend, ball and chained the next. Or, better yet, a service that rents unacceptable mates, like a pirate boyfriend or a hooker girlfriend. That would keep things in perspective. Holy cow, it was about time my kidneys started working again. It's crazy how a mere 2 cocktails, 2 beers and a shot will dehydrate you the next day. The glasses of water and tea just started to kick in. And speaking of the necessary room, how hard is it to freaking light a match after doing your solid waste business, especially in a stall located in an office environment? Sheesh. It would also be nice if the locks on the stalls worked. I know we're moving the office to a new building in a month, but come on now already. Oog, *that* is going to suck. There are so many boxes of crap at my desk that I'm tempted to make a fort and hide in it. Well, if I was honest, I pretty much always want to make a fort wherever I go, be it with boxes or blankets or chairs. Forts are fun. Damn I wish these ads would come in. It's be nice to leave the office at a decent hour, though I've been much better about it the past few days. No staying until 7:30 and such - my arse was gone last night at 6:15. I'm so proud of myself. Sniff.