6.14.2005

H2ohnO

Funny how bodies work. I always keep a stock of "feelin' chunky" clothes around for that oh-so-joyous time of the month. The balloning effect of water-retention makes me feel like a nine months preggo midget duck waddler, so comfy clothing is a must. It's a bit different this month, though - all the water has migrated to my chest.

I had no idea that boobs could swell an extra cup size overnight. A gradual swelling maybe, but overnight? It was like evil little plastic surgery gnomes incised, inserted, sutured and healed in less than 7 hours. They're actually quite painful. Not only are they swollen, they're stuffed into an over the shoulder boulder holder designed for the non-water retention days.

Sigh...well, at least I'll be a knockout at the product launch party tonight. Maybe a cold beer in the cleavage* will help.

*Dubbed "koobies" by someone much more clever than I.