5.27.2005

Bah.

What a week. It's been full of (as Homer says), "the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy centers".

Chronologically, in the past seven days I've:

- watched a heartbreaker of a playoff game (terrifying low)
- gone shopping (terrifying low)
- seen The Rev (dizzying high)
- stayed up until the wee hours playing card games of a sort (creamy center)
- sweated out ten pounds while moving boxes hungover (dizzying low?)
- been reduced to a pile of googly-eyedness and flittering stomach butterflies (dizzying high)
- had more projects piled on top of an already mountainous workload (terrifying low, with plans to have it turn into a creamy center.)
- stayed up until the wee hours again drinking vodka and talking (dizzying high and creamy center)
- had my world rocked in the sack...quite a few times (dizzying high and creamy center)
- moved into new work position...of a sort (all combined, with emphasis on the terrifying)
- lost a relative with whom I finally bonded only two years ago/regretted the waste of time before that (terrifying, terrifying, bawl-inducing low)
- bailed on plans repeatedly and vegged alone with my thoughts (creamy low)
- been given a massage g.c. as a thank you (creamy center)
- realized how happy someone makes me (dizzying high)

That exhausted me just reading it.

Hence, this holiday weekend* I'm going to give my burned-out mind and body a rest. On the list of things to do? Collect on said massage, hopefully swim in a body of water that's not a swimming pool, BBQ with the Pops, and possibly go to an art event. And sleep as much as possible. And buying paints and canvas sounds like a good idea, too.

*Yes, I will not be working at all during the weekend or on Monday. Sometimes, even crack monkeys need to chill and recoup.