5.23.2005

Ex.haus.ted

You know that feeling where your muscles are screaming? Where typing or even lifting a ciggy to your lips is agony? Forget trying to nurse it with a beer - you might as well be trying to lift 1000 lbs. Yeah, *that* feeling. Got it? Holding it? Ok, now imagine it over your entire body.

Being the wonderful daughter that I am (paha!), I helped the Moms move yesterday. In the midst of a wicked hangover. In 98 degree heat. For seven hours. With the "Duff Beer" song on constant repeat inside the 'ole noggin.

Suffice to say, within the first 45 minutes after steady carrying, going up and down stairs and dolly pushing, I got the spins so badly that I laid down. And then promptly got up to purge a nasty breakfast sammich and the remains of the beer debauchery from the night before.

I felt better after that. Recovery complete, we tackled boxes and furniture like Bill Clinton on a cheeseburger pre-heart surgery. Being a tad delirious, I was inspired a la' Julie Andrews style:

Boxes of cookbooks and crap storage units,
25 bins of old baby tunics,
Crappy wire shelving that cuts and stings,
These are a few of my favorite things!

Fragile white chine packed altogether,
Boxes of papers the weight of wet leather,
Sweating and panting and bugs that go cling,
These are a few of my favorite things!

When the glass breaks, when the back aches,
When I'm feeling ill,
I simply remember the pain won't last long,
And that I can always take a pill!

How *does* one accumulate so much STUFF? Moms had three whole boxes of cookbooks, to which I asked, "Don't you know how to cook by now? You're *insert age here*!" And, since our family is male-deprived (depraved?), I get voted as requisite boy - carrying the heavier items and pulling box laden dollies.

So, if you see me and I happen to have a keyboard imprint on the left side of my face and I'm walking like Frankenstein on a bad acid trip...you'll know why. Anyone out there with a gallon of lotion and strong hands? I'll give you my next paycheck if you'll administer to my weeping muscles.