6.06.2005

Brownie Debauchery

Baking is a feckin' barrel of monkeys, especially if you're doing it for others. I'm a culinary giver, baby.

Yesterday I caved into the lazies and sat my happy ass at home instead of hitting the office. A crew of lucky pals are going to Bonnaroo (bastigids), so I volunteered to make brownies for them. Homemade all the way - box mixes are for pansies. The basic recipe was golden, but I wanted to make the brownies memorable. So, into the mix went a whole bag of dark chocolate chips and a whole bag of butterscotch chips. I wanted them to bite into an ooey-gooey mess and grin with brownie chunks stuck to their gums.

Note to selves...for one pan of brownies, one bag of chips will suffice.

I had somewhere better to be when the pan came out of the oven, so I left them to cool on the stove. They cooled all the way before I had a chance to cut them...the chocolate soldified the whole pan of yumminess together. It's no big deal, though. It was a great workout getting them out of the pan, and all it'll just take is about thirty seconds in pan over the propane stove for the ooey-gooeyness to come out again.

And yes, of course I tested them. With a huge glass of milk. Mmmmmm...