2.13.2005

Spoiled Rotten

Two sweet weekends right in a row. Boy-oh-boy, a girl could get used to this...

After our giggly girls' night on Friday, the
tree hugger and I woke up pretty early on Saturday to go work out. She's joined an all women's health club, and I'm toying with the idea of joining as well. Heck, I gotta do something to get my ass back into shape, and joining a regular gym just sorta skeeves me out for some reason. Prolly a lack of self-esteem, but hey, at least I'm honest.

Anyhoo, after our hour walk (complete with fun, floaty feelings after), she and I headed our separate ways. I went to the store, and finally have edible food in the apartment. It's so nice. My roomie and I eat like bachelors, mainly junk food or take-out, but being that I've given up junk food for Lent, I have to have some good quality munchies on hand to prevent a trip through the drive-thru. It's not so difficult actually - I definitely don't miss the gross feeling that accompanies a combo meal.

Also dyed my hair to get rid of the *forking* redness that it stubbornly turns. Orange hair is not becoming, and I really wish my hair follicles would realize that. It turned out a touch darker than I planned, but it makes my eyes stand out a bit more, so that works.

Saturday night I was called by Said Crush to participate as a ringer in a bar-hopping drinking game. I'm afraid I wasn't much help, since SC and I ended up not following everyone else to the other bars. Instead, we stayed and talked and nuzzled and in general acted like a pair of googly-eyed teenagers. At least, that's how I was.

Today was the most gorgeous day we've seen in a long time - 77 and impossibly sunny. It was shorts and flip-flops(!) and being outside type weather, so after some Thai food, SC and I went to White Rock to chill on a blanket and read. It's been a long time since I've done something like that, and I drank it up. And finished a *really* great book.

Follow that with a small nap (regrettably, right in the middle of the Simpsons. I do remember Marge saying something about ho's....), some one-on-one music time with a G. Love live show that SC burned for me, and here we at 10:00 p.m. on a Sunday night where a very happy crack monkey is clacking at the keyboard.

Makes for a wonderful start to the week, and will help immensely when all those freaking bouquets starting flowing into the office tomorrow for V-Day. ;)