2.14.2005

I *heart* allergies

Living in Texas has its perks, namely men in tight jeans, cowboy hats and relatively fair weather with the exception of a random snowing in February or March. The worst thing for which we're renown, though, is allergies, and Dallas tops the list as one of the worst places to live.

I've lived in the DFW metroplex for going on 22 years now. The allergies developed about 4 years ago. So, I can remember a lovely time when spontaneous weather changes didn't send me into a tizzy. I yearn for those idyllic times again...

So here I sit at work freezing my nips off since the A/C kicks in anytime the outside temp is over 65, and feeling like the whole right side of my head is stuffed with Kleenex. And not the soft, aloe-filled nose pillows but the coarse rip-your-nose-off burlap sack sort. Everything would be just fine and dandy if I could just BLOW MY NOSE, but it only squeaks pathetically when I try. And as there's no more room for the backlog anywhere in my right-handed sinus passages, it's moved to the ear and rendered me temporarily deaf on one side and a little off-balance. Fun!

Wrong day to wear heels, that's for certain. Oog. I have a V-Day date with myself, my couch, Benadryl and some steamy chicken soup when I leave work today. It's turning me on just thinking about it. Rawr...