2.15.2005

Jebus H. Cristo on a Cracker

Why is it that cars break down when you're *thisclose* to paying it off?

Last night was great. Instead of a self-imposed snot exile on the couch, SC and I went to Trinity Hall to grab a few brews on the patio. (How could I resist a Valentine like this?) So, one or three beers and some chocolate-covered-strawberries-sent-from-heaven later, I've got a stupid grin on my face and am enjoying the gorgeous golden sunrise that started off the day.

So, ho-hum, driving to work...singing along to the radio at full tilt...people looking at me strange...what's that weird shift? Why does the fan sound like it's about to fly out of the hood like a Chinese star? Holy flurking snit! Why is my engine temperature ABOVE the highest red line?!? Must turn on heat full blast. Please let me at least make it off the highway...oh, good, engine temp going down. So hot in here, though. Ugh...roll down all the windows, dumbass. Please let me at least make it to work. Engine staying cool, this is good. Me sweating...not good. What's that smell? Holy mother of Jebus, something's burning. Nasal congestion getting worse due to unbelievable heat and acrid smoke. Am I in hell? Will. Not. Cry. From. Frustration. Damn the gods to under ripe ambrosia and grade C honey.

The little bugger is currently getting a gut-check at The Best Repair Shop in the World, but I've no idea how in the world I can cover this. (It's *that* paycheck...you know, the one where you pay a couple big ticket bills and glide by on the cheap for the rest of the pay period.) At least the repair shop is pretty cool about being willing to work with broke eejits like myself. The Moms still may be getting a phone call, though. And now the monthly cramps have kicked in. Joy.

Ah, such is life. How can a morning that began so right spiral into the depths of misery so fast? Will someone please push the reset button on February 15, 2005?

Oh well, at least I had a great time last night that will hold me over during the next week and a half of ramen noodles. Whee!!!!